Territories: North, Central and South America
Jesse Perez is a larger than life character who doesn’t like to reveal too much about himself. Instead, his big personality shines through in his music. Whether he was actually conceived in a motel in Little Havana, we do not know. Was his dad a pimp who was ten years younger than him? Probably not. But these are stories he puts out there.
Having released on essential labels like Hot Creations, I’m A House Ganster, Bpitch Control, Avotre and Eats Everything Editable, in 2017 he dropped «Fake» on his own Mr Nice Guy Records, which went on to be one of the tracks of the summer and was subsequently given the remix treatment by Steve Lawler.
Jesse finished up 2017 with his follow-up single Daddy on Toolroom, a release for DJ Funk on Hot Creations and the accolade of No. 6 in Traxsource’s Tech House Top 100.
With his highly regarded Begun EP released on Ibiza power house Do Not Sleep at the start of 2018, Jesse’s next move was to unleash his incredible single Never Talk to Aliens on the world, via label of the moment – Defected. This ferocious start to the year has seen Jesse catapulted to the forefront of the scene – Aliens received huge radio support (played 10 weeks in a row on BBC Radio 1 by Annie, Danny and Pete) as well as DJ support coming from all corners of the industry, including Luciano, Hot Since 82, Jackmaster, Disciples and many more.
Certainly one of the most prominent artists in the game right now, his bump and grind sounds are in demand all over the world, and for good reason. It’s not only the labels that all want a Jesse Perez record. Jesse is playing some of the coolest clubs and festivals in 2018, from Elrow and Do Not Sleep to Boomtown and Dirtybird Campout.
Having just released his Hip Hop Classics Retouched EP on Nervous Records, plus with high profile remixes lined up for summer 2018 on Knee Deep in Sound, Armada, Elrow and PETs as well as the promise of more original music, this year looks set to be the best yet for the man from Miami.
- Jesse Perez Best Seller of 2018 House by Beatport
- Jesse Perez announces new collaboration with DJ Sneak with a Ricardo Villabos remix – Resident Advisor
- Jesse Perez on Dirtybird
- Jesse Perez heading to Halcyon SF – Interview
- Jesse Perez dropping his weekend weapons for Danny Howard’s BBC Radio 1 Show
- Jesse Perez remixing Childish Gambino «This is America»
- Jesse Perez new EP for Defected Records
- Steve Lawler on remix duties for Jesse Perez «Fake»
- Jesse Perez «Daddy» for Toolroom has been premiered on Datatransmission
- Jesse Perez Guest Mix for MONKI’s Radio Show on BBC Radio 1
|03/10/19||1 OAK||New York||US|